Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Zumba!


My blog would not be complete without blogging about one of the highlights of our extended stay here in California- Zumba. Zumba was something I had not even heard of until I came out here and my sister convinced me to go to a class with her, but after that one class I was hooked. Three times a week I enjoy one hour of as the instructor puts it 'a party workout'. So here are the top 5 things I love about Zumba:

1. The 80 year old woman in the front of the room who is probably better than I am and doesn't hold back on shaking it at all

2. Quality bonding time with my sister.

3. It's the first time I have ever worked out without looking at the clock and wondering how much longer I still have. Time flies when zumbaing (I know thats not a word, but it should be).

4. Margot. That is the name of our instructor. She has got to be about 55 and is in way better shape than I am, not to mention she makes fabulous eyes at herself in the mirror while zumbaing. If you were to look up the word awesome in the dictionary, Margot's name would be right by it as the definition.

5. I leave class feeling good about myself. It must be all those endorphins.

5 comments:

  1. ... What is it exactly? Like a dance work out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is latin mixed with a little hip hop- Haha i felt like an idiot at first and probably still look like one but it really is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally going to get certified in Zumba so I can teach it! I can't believe you are taking it, you would be awesome at it! I am jealous of your California life, I miss you here in Utah. <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try it! Bridgette if you get certified I will totally come to your classes.
    Margot sounds a little bit like Mrs. Hansen from LP Kaylee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridgette you would be like the ultimate Zumba teacher, I would totally take your class! And you may be jealous of my California life but I am jealous of your Paris life so that puts us about even :). Haha Mandy that is a perfect comparison-

    ReplyDelete